I wanted to meal prep this past week and decided to turn to ol' faithful ...my crockpot :) She is just always there for me when I am busy! I have made this twice - each time it comes out a little different but both really delicious. Easy to throw in a burrito, by itself with some tortilla chips, or served with avocado <3
I am not the best at keeping track of recipes as I usually am not an exact measure-er ! Here is a loose recipe below : ) BE CREATIVE!
- 2lbs of chicken breasts
- 16oz broth (chicken or veggie)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup of dry beans or 1 can of beans ( I have used both black and pinto)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes - I actually used leftover homemade sauce!
- cumin, chili pepper, cayenne, chipotle pepper, black pepper, turmeric
- option to throw in corn/bell peppers etc.
Put onion, garlic, chicken, broth and spices into crockpot. Cook on high for 1-2 hours. Add a little more liquid (h20 or more broth is fine) Add rice, beans and tomato. Let sit on low overnight or 4-6 hours.