I've gone meat free in January. This dietary challenge has granted me complete creativity in the kitchen. Here you will find a recipe for a delectable meat-free "meatball" substitute that I absolutely love!
- 1.5 cups steamed cauliflower
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry binding ingredient (breadcrumbs, oat flour, almond meal or equivalent)
- 1 tsp each: salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper
- High temperature cooking oil ( sunflower or coconut, preferred)
1. Pulse cauliflower, brown rice & garlic in food processor
2. Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl and incorporate all ingredients together.
3. Heat pan with oil
4. Cook coins on each side 1.5 - 2 minutes and then remove.
5. Serve over rice, accompanying vegetables with a Curry, or alongside pasta as a substitute for meatballs!