I can't believe the end of the weekend is already here. It was a busy two days for me with Yoga teacher training and all of my other favorite weekend activities! I knew I wanted an easy cook dinner that I can get more than one meal out of, so of course I turned to my trustworthy friend, the crockpot! Found a few recipes but as always kind of tweaked them to make it my own. See below for the recipe. Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe?
Slow Cook Sesame Chicken
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs, bone-in (skinless preferred but optional)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 to 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (if you are making this gluten free make sure you are using a gluten free brand like San J)
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste or puree
- 2 tsp of Sesame oil
- Sesame Seeds (this is just for topping)
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch (also check if GF)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup honey
Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
Combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, honey, tomato puree, sesame oil in bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Remove the chicken to remove bones. Add cornstarch to cold water and add to sauce. Stir until starts to thicken. Place the shredded chicken back into crockpot.
I served this with rice and broccoli but you could use another grain or vegetable!